3D printing Adelaide – We convert digital designs into physical reality
3D printing in Adelaide is an accelerated industry as a direct result of the rapid advancements in technology over recent times. New technology is being introduced at quick intervals that fuel the growth of this industry. Many companies are investing a lot of time and money in research and development to come out with better ideas and products to convert the virtual design into a real shape.
The importance of virtual world is increasing today and 3D printing plays an important role in converting the virtual designs into reality. Through bringing a product into the physical world at click of the button, designers are able to test the look and feel of their work. 3D printing provides you with an exact idea of how the product function in reality.
What are some of the advantages of 3D printing?
- It is affordable in comparison to traditional methods of prototyping
- Reduces the risk of faulty production
- Quick production can be achieved as it reduces manual labor required
- With 3D printing product customization becomes easy
- High injection moulded like quality is easy to achieve
- Efficiently tweak the shape and feel of products
- Can impliment co-moulded materials
Some of the industries that have benefited greatly from 3D printing include:
- Consumer Electronics
- Medical Equipment
- Dental Equipment
In order to get a perfect results, there are various stages of 3D printing and different materials to consider. All these variables are based on the individual requirements of your print. As a general guide, the 3D printing process involves:
- Creation of digital version of the product/object, this digital object is created using Computer Aided Design packages (CAD)
- Once the file of the object is created it gets checked for errors and print efficiency
- The next process is known as slicing, where the object file is digitally cut into hundreds or more tiny triangle slices for printing.
- Next is printing, this is where the 3D printer creates identity to the object by adding layer upon layer to the object until the full 3D model is completed.
- After the print is completed there may be some post processing required to remove excess material
- Depending on the finish you require, you can paint, sand or assemble different parts to complete the product.
Apart from the process of designing and printing, there are other factors worth considering. The quality of the final product is impacted greatly by the chosen material(s) and the printer specs it’s self. We focus on the three pillars to obtain results being, the design, the material and the printing machine. At Quak we equipped with all the required tools and expertise, which is backed up by vast 3D printing experience. We are proud to deliver high quality prints for all our customers when it comes to 3D printing in Adelaide.